Amanda Gorman is a Black American poet born in 1998 and the inaugural National Youth Poet Laureate of the United States. Gorman earned the prestigious distinction in 2017 when she was a student at Harvard University. Gorman published her first book of poetry, The One for Whom Food Is Not Enough, in 2017. In 2021, she spoke at the presidential inauguration of Joe Biden and recited a poem at Super Bowl LV. That same year, Gorman was included in Time's 100 Next list.
1. Use the Biography in Context link to access the database.
2. Login to your library account using your A# (make sure you use a capital A) and library password. Your default password is your date of birth in this format: mmddyyyy
3. Search for Amanda Gorman in the database
4. Choose any article that mentions her books, the organization she founded and her time at Harvard University
5. Fill out the entry form on the right or view the form in a larger format