Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is ArtStor?
The Artstor Digital Library is a resource that provides over 1.9 million museum quality digital images in the arts, architecture, fashion, humanities, and sciences.
Contact Mark Matook for an instructor account so you can create your own groups or add your own images.
Create folders for students
1. Log in to your ARTstor account.
2. Click on Share and then select Create Folder in the navigation bar.
3. In the Create a Folder window type a name for your folder. Keep in mind that if you would like to share this folder, you will need to give it a unique name.
4. Click Next.
5. Next you will need to decide who can see this folder. There are three options.
- The folder can be Only me (Private) and only accessible by you.
- The folder can be Everyone at my institution (Local public) and available to all users at your institution.
- The folder can be Users at my institution with password (Local pwd-protected) and available to users to whom you provide the password.
Select the radio button next to the type of access that you would like to provide. Note: If you are creating a password, that password will have to be unique. If your password is not accepted it is because it is already in use. In that case, please try another password.
6. Next choose whether or not you would like to enable student work folders. Click Next.
7. You will then receive a confirmation that your folder was created. Click Finished.
Welcome to the New ArtStor
Where can I find it?
On our home page there are 3 ways to get to ArtStor
- Find ArtStor from the list of all guides - 1
- Listed in Research Guides by Subject under Arts - 2
- From the list of all of our databases - 3
Direct Link to ArtStor: https://library-artstor-org.ezproxymcc.helmlib.org/#/
Users from off campus will need to enter their MCC Id and Password. Once there, accounts should be established.
Linking to images
- Find your desired image and click the thumbnail once to select it.
- There are three ways to display a stable URL for the selected image.
In the ARTstor navigation bar, click Share > Generate image URL
Right click or CTRL+click the thumbnail > select Generate image URL
Click the thumbnail caption > select the “File properties” tab.
- From the window you are looking at, use the Ctrl- (or) C keyboard shortcut to copy the URL value to the clipboard.
- Use the Ctrl- (or) V keyboard shortcut to paste the URL value into the destination browser, email, web page, or other electronic document.
- When ARTstor users click on this link, they will be taken directly to the specified image, displayed in the Image Viewer window. If they are within your institution's valid IP range, the URL will open immediately. Please note: Users clicking this link must be within an authorized IP range to view the image, such as on-campus, or have a registered ARTstor user account.
Link to image groups
- Open your image group.
- In the top navigation click Share > Generate image group URL
- In the dialog box that appears, use the Ctrl- (or ) C keyboard shortcut to copy the URL value to the clipboard.
- Use the Ctrl- (or ) V keyboard shortcut to paste the URL value into the destination browser, email, web page, or other electronic document.
- When ARTstor users click on this link, they will be taken to the first image in your group, displayed in the Image Viewer window. They can use the navigation arrows in the bottom right corner to scroll through the group. Please note: Users clicking this link must be within an authorized IP range to view the image, such as on-campus, or have a registered ARTstor user account.
Ask a Librarian for help!